September 18, 2018
The midterm elections are a big deal for health care activists
- Amplifying the voice of physicians and their patients
Justin Lowenthal, Co-chair, Doctors for America Maryland Chapter, @Drsforamerica
- Inside Congress: Threat level? Right now and in the lameduck session?
Calli Shapiro, Health Legislative Assistant, Office of US Rep Jan Schakowsky (D-IL),
@janschakowsky; Abigail Duggan, Office of US Sen. Sherrod Brown
- Birddogging for health care, Part II – Be a Hero project targets Kavanaugh nomination
Jennifer Flynn Walker, Center for Popular Democracy, @popdemoc @jenniferflynn
Women’s health care IS health care
- Vanessa Wellbury, Senior State Legislation Manager, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, @ACOGAction
- Racial gap in maternal deaths – Nadia Hussain, Moms Rising, @MomsRising @Vivalanadia
Medicaid patients harmed as Trump administration targets home health aides’ union dues
Phillip Cryan, Executive Vice-President, SEIU Healthcare MN, @SEIUHCMN
Medicaid Officials Target Home Health Aides’ Union Dues, Kaiser Health News, 8/16/18
Drug cost fights getting even hotter
- Can we win on drug costs in today’s political climate?
Jodi Dart, Executive Director, Prescription Justice, @rxjusticegroup
- Action alert: Insulin Day of Action September 30
Elizabeth Rowley, T1International, @t1international, email@example.com
What’s hot in the fight for Medicare for All?
Eagan Kemp, Healthcare Policy Advocate, Public Citizen, @eagankemp
* * * * *
The agenda, notes and links to listen to the call online are emailed to subscribers to the
UHCAN listserv. Sign up here.