National Conference Call for State Health Care Justice Leaders
hosted by the
Universal Health Care Action Network (UHCAN)
June 10, 2020
What does the Health Care Justice Movement do in times like this?
Be a good ally. Learn together.
How to be a good ally in these times – Mab Segrest, activist, scholar, and author of Memoir of a Race Traitor – Fighting Racism in the American South and Administrations of Lunacy: Racism and the Haunting of American Psychiatry at the Milledgeville Asylum (The New Press, April 2020)
Abolitionist Organizing in the Time of Global Pandemic (COVID-19) (Southerners on New Ground)
How do you deal with a tidal wave, an earthquake, a flood, and a tsunami that hit all at once?
As if the pandemic wasn’t big enough to deal with, now we face the economic collapse, the national uprising for racial justice, severe threats to our democracy, all in a huge election year. This panel of leaders from groups working at the state level for health care justice will have a conversation about how their organizations are dealing with all this.
• Jen Bersdale, Executive Director, Missouri Health Care for All, @MOHealthCareForAll
• Rev. Rodney Sadler, North Carolina NAACP, @ncnaacp
• Emily Beauregard, Executive Director, Kentucky Voices for Health, @kyvoicesforhealth
• Ann Pratt, Organizing Director, Connecticut Citizen Action Group, @CCAG
• Antoinette Kraus, Director, Pennsylvania Health Access Network, @pahealthaccess
• Kelly McAnnany, Executive Director, Health Access Minnesota, @healthaccessMN
ACTION ALERT: June 20th Mass Digital Poor People’s Assembly and Moral March on Washington
Rev. Rob Stehpens, Poor People’s Campaign – A National Call for Moral Revival,
* * *
The agenda, notes and links to listen to the call online are emailed to subscribers to the
UHCAN listserv. Sign up here.