National Conference Call for State Health Care Justice Leaders
hosted by the
Universal Health Care Action Network (UHCAN)
December 11, 2018
National health care conversations heating up . . .
• Medicare for All: New study: Medicare for All = More health care and more fairness for less money
Steffie Woolhandler, MD, Co-founder, Physicians for a National Health Program, @PNHP
• “Politics is coming for reproductive health care”
Jeryl Hayes, Director of Public Policy, Physicians for Reproductive Health
• #MedicineForMigration National Week of Advocacy (Dec. 3-10)
Alec Feuerbach, Fellow, SNaHP/PNHP, @MedicineForMigration
• What’s next for disability advocates?
Nicole Jorwic, Director for Rights Policy, The Arc, @TheArcUS
. . . as states try to push ahead.
• Connecticut: New poll on health costs shows support for government action across party lines
Jill Zorn, Senior Program Officer, Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut, @UHCF_CT
Highlights of CT poll results, issue briefs and infographics
• Maryland: New data shows ACA makes health care more affordable for everyone
Vinny DeMarco, President, Maryland Citizens Health Initiative, @HealthyMaryland
• Nebraska: What’s next now that voters approved Medicaid expansion?
Molly McCleery, Deputy Director for Health Care, Nebraska Appleseed, @neappleseed,
• Ohio: Why have a hearing on a single payer bill in a Red state?
Debbie Silverstein, State Director, Single Payer Action Network of Ohio, @SPANOhio
* * * * *