National Conference Call for
State Health Care Justice Leaders
hosted by the
Universal Health Care Action Network (UHCAN)
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
What happens now in the fight for health care justice?
Facilitator: Rachel DeGolia, Executive Director, UHCAN, email@example.com
LAME DUCK CONGRESS
• Amy Kelbick, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of US Representative Jan Schakowsky (D-IL)
• Bill to protect retired miners’ health coverage: Phil Smith, Legislative Director, United Mineworkers of America
UHCAN has invited the leaders listed below to respond to the following questions:
• How does your part of the health care justice movement see the battles over health care developing in the new political reality?
• What will the moves to dismantle parts or all of the structures of the ACA mean to your group or constituency?
• What should the rest of the health care justice movement know about what you are thinking and planning?
Sarah Christopherson, Policy Advocacy Director, National Women’s Health Network
SINGLE PAYER UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE
Donna Smith, Health Care Now! and Health Care for All Colorado
IMMIGRANTS & REFUGEES
Cathi Tactaquin, Executive Director, National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
MEDICARE & SOCIAL SECURITY
Alex Lawson, Executive Director, Social Security Works
Patrick Willard, Field Director
Lynne Quincy, Director, Consumers Union’s Health Care Value Hub