National Conference Call for State Health Care Justice Leaders
hosted by the
Universal Health Care Action Network (UHCAN)
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
NOT A TIME FOR BUSINESS AS USUAL.
How does our movement address families torn apart at the border, union rights under attack, a new Supreme Court Justice … and health care?
- Sonya Schwartz, Senior Policy Attorney, National Immigration Law Center, @NILC_org
- Yamani Hernandez, Executive Director, National Network of Abortion Funds, @AbortionFunds
- Linda Bennett, Federal Legislative Affairs Specialist, American Federal of State, County and Municipal Employees, AFL-CIO, @AFSCME
How can nonprofits (c-3s) weigh in on the Supreme Court vacancy?
Shyaam Subramanian, Alliance for Justice/Bolder Advocacy, #SaveSCOTUS campaign
Getting organized for the fight ahead
- Single Payer Strategy Conference (6/22-24/18): Mark Dudzic, National Coordinator, Labor Campaign for Single Payer
- Affordable Medicines Now Conference (6/27-29/18): Justin Mendoza, Access to Medicines Organizer, Public Citizen
- What’s up with all the Medicare for all proposals? Diane Archer, JustCareUSA
- 6/23/18 video and PPT – On the Road to Medicare for All: Beware the Perils of Commercial Insurance
California and New York challenging CVS acquisition of Aetna
Dena Mendelsohn, Senior Attorney, Consumers Union, @CU_CalHealth
New Jersey: Can states fend off federal attacks on the gains from the ACA?
Maura Collinsgru, Health Care Program Director, New Jersey Citizen Action, @NJCitizenAction
Murphy Signs Law to Create NJ’s Own Health Insurance Mandate – NJSPOTLIGHT, 6/1/18
Time for New Jersey’s Health Insurers to Do Their Part to Counter ACA Sabotage – Xpostfactoid Blog, 7/3/18
* * * * *
The agenda, notes and links to audio of the call are emailed to the UHCAN listserv. Sign up HERE.